Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday Catch-up!

Today is my catch-up day--a day to gather up loose ends and clear the decks. Ever have one of those?

Let's start with announcing the winners from last week's little online Mini-Romance Conference:

Monday with Barbara Monajem--Gillian Layne! Contact Barbara at bmonajem@yahoo.com with your snail mail address so she can ship your prize.

Tuesday with Connie Mason--Linda Henderson! Contact me through www.emilybryan.com with your mailing info and I'll send you LORD OF DEVIL ISLE. (A nice long excerpt of my STROKE OF GENIUS is in the back of this book!)

Wednesday with ME!--Magdalen! Contact me through www.emilybryan.com with your mailing info and I'll send you STROKE OF GENIUS as soon as my author copies arrive.

Oh! I published the next chapter in my free online novella A DUKE FOR ALL SEASONS this week. If you haven't tried it, I invite you to pop over to www.emilybryan.com. There are 5 chapters up, so it's enough to get a sense of the characters. You can also vote for how you'd like to see the story continue and be entered in my monthly contest at the same time!

Several people have asked how I intend to keep blogging with the writing schedule I've just agreed to. Six novels and a novella in 15 months is a bit daunting. The answer is I'll blog as often as I can and I intend to maintain my 5 posts a week pace.

You see, in the time I've been blogging, I've discovered it's not just about me entertaining and informing you (though I always hope to do that!). Along the way, I feel we've developed a community here and I enjoy hearing from my cyber-friends.

So next week, look for MY HUSBAND MARRIED A HOOKER, Part 2 on Wednesday, along with a regular Red Pencil Thursday. I'll make the rest up as I go along. That is what I do for a living, after all.

Today, I've also got a new post up at www.miamarlowe.blogspot.com about my reception as a new Brava author at RT. And I'm up on The Chatelaines too. Hope you'll click over and join me.

This weekend, I'm dragging the DH out for some shopping for our upcoming cruise. The boy seriously needs some new shorts. I know this must come as a surprise to those of you who know me as The Anti-Shopper. The truth is, I'm only averse to shopping when I'm buying for myself.

What are your plans for the weekend?

8 comments:

Gillian Layne said...

Well, hot diggity dog. I love winning books!

I think we're celebrating Mother's Day with my in-laws. My own mom will be visiting her brother in Connecticut.

Your schedule makes me dizzy. :)

EmilyBryan said...

Naw! Most days I spend my time making stuff up, with my feet elevated in the writing chair being a dog pillow for Mack the Wonder Terrier. Nothing stressful about that.

Carol L. said...

Have a great time on your cruise. I know what you mean about shopping. If it's for me, no way. But for anyone else and I love it.
I'm off to read chapter 5. Loving this read.
Carol L.
Lucky4750@aol.com

Anonymous said...

More digging in my house. We went to my oldest daughter's graduation tonight (the 7th). She got her Masters in Counseling in Dec., but a snow storm canceled the ceremonies. It was a lovely day to be at Western Carolina. Saturday we'll fix a friend's dog pen and attend a festival. Sunday I'll work on the storeroom and sorting through the boxes I brought in. Enjoy your cruise.

EmilyBryan said...

Thanks, Carol. Glad you're enjoying A DUKE FOR ALL SEASONS. Please tell your friends!

EmilyBryan said...

Pat--Congrats on your daughter's accomplishments. Know you're proud.

Western NC is one of the best kept secrets in the country. It's a gorgeous place.

mrsshukra said...

Happy Mother's Day, Emily!

EmilyBryan said...

Thanks! My family made me feel well-loved, as always.