Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Booksigning & New England RWA Chapter Conference

This weekend is the start of my whirlwind of travel and speaking engagements. On Friday, the New England RWA's LET YOUR IMAGINATION TAKE FLIGHT Conference begins at the Natick Crowne Plaza in Natick, MA. I'll be speaking on Saturday morning, giving my plotting workshop (What a Novel Idea!), and then pitching my romantic suspense and paranormal to an editor. Later I'll take part in the mass book signing, which starts at 4 PM. If you're in the area, please stop by! The incredibly talented Susan Wiggs will be joining us.

Then on Monday, I'll be flying to Pittsburgh for the Romantic Times Convention. Monday afternoon, I'll be giving my characterization workshop (Meat on the Bones) for Bobbi Smith's Aspiring Author Boot Camp. Then later in the week, I'll be on a historical panel. USA Today Best Seller, Joy Nash invited me to join her for a brainstorming workshop (Book in 3 Minutes!) which should be great fun. The main thrust of that session is that in order to have a good idea, you need to have LOTS of ideas.

Along with 400 other authors, I'll be taking part in the mass signing on Saturday the 19th from 11-2. If you're in the area, please join us at the Pittsburgh Hilton. You'll see lots of your favorite authors. I'm looking forward to seeing some of mine!

Then I'm home for a week. My parents are visiting from the midwest and our week together will culminate in a trip to NYC and a Broadway show. I hope to drop by Dorchester Publishing while I'm there and visit my editor for a bit.

The rest of April will go by in a blur and somehow I still have to meet my page count for VEXING THE VISCOUNT, which is due August 1st. But as frenetic as my life will be in the next few weeks, I'm feeling extremely blessed. In spite of the jitters associated with speaking and pitching, I'm living my dream and that's no small thing.

No comments: